Thursday, November 20, 2008

Snickers Ploy Successful!!!!

We received Caleb's third letter today and YES, the snickers ploy was a success!!! The snickers bars that I so cleverly concealed in an acne box, passed right under the noses of Caleb's sergeants! They took the deck of playing cards but they did not discover the Snickers bars. Caleb got a kick out of that!

His letter was a bit random as he jumped from one subject to another but I am sure you will enjoy reading it as much as I did.
*******************************************************
Hey family,

I'm actually about to set this letter down and scrape my face and fangs to get ready for the rest of the day and I already wrote a letter to Granna and Matt so just letting you know that I'll probably be picking this up again in 2-3 days to continue what will probably end up being an absurdly short letter, but we'll see....Hey-O.

Found some more time and yeah it's been two days. Just got your last package and that is pretty funny. It's Sunday so I may be writing this right before I get to call, who knows. I should probably be dating these because it sounds like there's almost as much of a delay in you getting my letters as me getting yours. If I finish this one today, it will get mailed out on the 17th so there you go.
Hey, in the next set of lyrics try to get "Wake the Regiment" by The Wedding. Not too many people here appreciate my constant singing....go figure.....Then again, most of the people here never matured or threw maturity out the window when they came to boot camp. There's another Hunt in my platoon. He's from Florida and reminds me of Rayce kinda.
Getting that feeling in the pit of my stomach when I know I'm about to be leaving. Got it last time about a month before I left too so, what's new?
That's pretty funny about Angel though. Who'd a thought!
Sunday services are pretty sorry here too. It seems like there is just a lack of dedication and motivation from the staff. By the way, did y'all find a new worship minister and has Chuck left or what's going on there?
Yeah, your ploy worked by the way and I got the Snickers but the cards got taken up as predicted. Yeah I realize that I jump from topic to topic but oh well.
I thought that it was the most shocking thing in the world when the chaplain stops a worship song in the middle and turns around and says, "You get the point." Not exactly what I'm used to. Never been in such a time crunch that I didn't have time to finish worship. Crazy world.
Thanks for sending the lyrics you have so far. Send some David Crowder next time if you don't mind and there isn't a limit on my end as to how many lyrics I can receive per letter so keep 'em coming. I guess I'll probably call Jo and Matt and Josh this week. I'll call you if there's time after that but I didn't get to call them last week so I'll call them this one. Thanks for getting my address out to my friends at Preston Ridge. I haven't gotten a letter yet but it's only been a week and again, I don't get mail quickly.
By the way, this pen doesn't write very well horizontally so my writing keeps fading in and out and we had to pull a 50]50 fireguard half the night last night so I'm not really checking my grammar and spelling. Also don't worry about be getting enough food. I'm eating more than I usually do but I'm a lot more active so there is a balance, except when we have "hot A's" but that's the exception to the rule. Drill sergeants told us at the beginning of the cycle that we do more before 0900 than most people do the entire day so yeah.
Stop by next Sunday and tell Pastor Gerald that I said "Hi" and Chuck too if he's still there. Sorry I don't have more time to send letters but I'll keep trying. Got to go.
Hey-O White Phase,
-Caleb
PS Send some Newsboys too please.
*********************************************************
Caleb said goodbye to white phase as he started the last phase, blue phase, this past Monday. Blue phase is the least restrictive of the three phases so hopefully he will receive his mail in a more timely manner and have a little more free time.
If you have time to write him a short note, I am sure he would appreciate it. As you can tell from reading his letter, he loves the lyrics that we send. Pick out one of your favorite Christian songs and send him those lyrics. He will LOVE it!!

Hey-O for now!

No comments: