Caleb just called to say that his 1 week in the wilderness was over. He camped out for 6 nights with temperatures dipping down into the single digits some nights. He didn't go into much detail about what they did during those 7 days and 6 nights but he did mention that he went on a 9 mile hike loaded down with his gear (probably 40-50 pounds). He said it was absolutely cold and miserable and he is glad it is over.
He said that he feels like he is running a fever but he won't go to sick call because he doesn't want to miss out on training. I am a bit stubborn when it comes to going to the doctor too but I sure hope it doesn't turn into pneumonia or bronchitis.
They are forecasting a cold rainy day for family day which is Thursday so we may be stuck inside all day but Caleb said that he would just love to hang out and eat. We aren't sure what restaurants are around Fort Jackson but we are planning on bringing him lots of great food. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so that Caleb can show us all around the base. Graduation day is supposed to be sunny but cold.
This past Saturday, we met at my mother-in-law's house and baked cookies for 6 hours. Caleb was excited to hear that we are bringing a bag full of chocolate oatmeal cookies, his favorite!
I sent him $60.00 a few weeks ago so that he could order pictures for me. He said that he left his locker to go to the restroom and when he came back, the money was gone. I sure hope that life is not like that in Virginia. Caleb said that he is going to share a room with 2-3 guys and I hope that he doesn't have to keep everything under lock and key constantly.
I am bringing my laptop to South Carolina so I will try and upload some pictures of family day and graduation. Please pray that we have a safe trip and mild weather.
Thanks!
Kim
Journal
10 years ago

2 comments:
I pray protection over you and your family traveling! Im so proud of Caleb! Can't wait to see the photos and see him for Christmas!!!!
Ara & Robert
I hope your trip is/was safe and I know you must be so excited to see Caleb....
Post a Comment